Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Book Review: Blessed By The Best

Blessed By The Best is a must read for any fan of the Philadelphia Eagles and suggested reading for all NFL fans, giving a glimpse into the life of Hall of Fame safety Brian Dawkins. The full title of the book is Blessed By The Best, My Journey to Canton and Beyond and it is written by Michael Bradley who worked with Brian Dawkins to put together an inspiring book about overcoming physical circumstances as well as emotional turmoil. The book reads as if Dawkins is in the room with you, telling you his life story.

From a writing standpoint this book almost seems as if it is unedited, as if a recording of Dawkins was transcribed word for word. I think this adds to the charm of the book as I really felt that I got to know the character of the man who spent 235 pages telling me about himself, his family, his teammates and most of all about his God. This makes it a fun read which left me looking forward to what Dawkins will do with the rest of his post football life.

I give Blessed By The Best two thumbs up, recommending it for sports fans and for anyone who needs the inspiration of learning from someone who overcame a number of obstacles. I also recommend it for anyone who wants to learn about one man’s spiritual journey, delivered with honesty about his ups and downs as he continues to learn to trust in God.

Blessed By The Best: My Journey To Canton and Beyond by Brian Dawkins with Michael Bradley. Published by Camino Books, Inc. Philadelphia


No comments:

Post a Comment