Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Book Review: White Too Long

I struggled to get to page 94 of this book. In fact, I should have quit long before that page but I kept pushing myself to read it even though White Too Long did little to hold my attention. I am not going to finish White Too Long nor can I recommend it to others.

I’m not quite sure who the intended audience is for White Too Long by Robert P. Jones as it seems like one of those books that’s intended to change the hearts of people who likely will not read it. In the book Jones talks about “the legacy of white supremacy in American Christianity,” as stated on the front cover. He shares his own personal experiences growing up in the church, mixed together with historical facts of how the church in America has often missed the mark when it comes to race. But while some of what is written is eye opening, I doubt those who need to see will take the time to read these revelations.


I’ll be honest, I’m not sure what I was looking for in starting this book and have decided it is time to put it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment