Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2023

It’s Been Almost Four Years

It’s been almost four years since my last update of my “About Me” page. In fact, it's been about four years since I read my “About Me” page. I realize some things have changed since I wrote those words. (I’ll make updates right after I finish writing this.) For starters, that version of the page still said I had been married 26 years. We have now enjoyed over 30 years of marriage. A lot of work goes into growing a relationship for 30 years and it has been well worth the effort.

As I read and revised my “About Me” page I realized that it is in a way a map which I have not been following. Yes, like many other men I tend not to pay attention to maps. I guess it’s time to upgrade to GPS and my GPS is telling me I am off course when it comes to my blog and to writing in general. Fortunately it’s never too late to get back on course, not even after 4-8 years.


So where do we go from here? Well…according to my map…or should I now say GPS I will continue with posts about my faith in Jesus Christ. I will also tell you more about me. This blog will continue to be a bit eclectic with posts on various topics. There will also be more posts that answer questions from a biblical point of view. This is a bit of a change in course which hopefully will be fun and informative.


One thing I am working on is consistency. I have not been consistent in my writing. I get things done when there is a deadline (such as with magazine articles) but I tend to fumble the ball on things like this blog or when it comes to the many book ideas I have bouncing around in my head. This year I have made a new commitment to answer God’s call without making excuses.


I do still enjoy writing even though I too often talk myself out of sitting at my computer. It’s time for change and for a true commitment. As I write this I feel a growing excitement about the direction God will take my writing and It’s time to roll up my sleeves and get to work. Thanks for joining me as I move forward and for listening to my ramblings tonight.


It’s time to move forward into 2023 and into new adventures. I will even check my road map…from time to time.


No comments:

Post a Comment