Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

How God Blessed Us in August 2019


Photo by Gabriel Peter from Pexels

God blesses His children in many ways, not just financially. In fact I believe there are a number of blessings from God which are not material in nature. As I grow older I find that these non-material blessings are generally more valuable than the things God gives to me. During the month of August, I experienced a number of these other types of blessings from God. Here are two examples.

In July’s blessings I mentioned God providing for a conference that my family wanted to attend. The conference ran into the month of August, during which I was blessed to be able to serve God by helping make sure things were run smoothly. By serving my brothers and sisters I was able to serve God. More accurately, I was able to tag along while God took care of the work. This blessing, of being able to work for God and see Him at work, was a great and powerful blessing, as God opened doors and equipped me to do things for others.

And the blessings didn’t stop with the work of coordinating things. Because of the work I was doing I had the opportunity to bless others who came to me with questions. One person in particular needed to discuss a burden he had been carrying on his heart. My schedule allowed me to share with him as we sought God’s wisdom. What a blessing I received to be able to see God at work in the heart and mind of another brother in Christ. God allowed me to invest in the life of another person and it was time well spent.

God also blessed me by solving a problem before I even new one existed. Having my college age son home for the summer meant keeping his uniforms clean for work. Somehow there was a point where I missed putting them in with the rest of the laundry. As a result I thought I had left him without a clean uniform one day. Turns out on the day before I discovered my mistake, the company gave out shirts for a special commemoration which the workers could use as part of their uniforms. Problem solved. God provided.

How has God been blessing you? Contact me on Twitter (@denniswcoleman) or via email (dcwriter1@hotmail.com) to share the work God is doing in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment