Pages

Monday, May 6, 2019

How God Blessed Me in March and April 2019

Picture courtesy of Pixabay on Pexels.com
In church we have sessions where we ask for testimonies of what God is doing in the lives of our brothers and sisters in Christ. This serves as a reminder to us all that God is active and that He blesses His children on a regular basis. I would like to share a testimony of just a few of the ways He blessed me during the months of March and April of this year.

“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:19

I enjoy spending my Sunday afternoons watching sports. Sometimes my son will join me, especially if I am watching NASCAR or football. I don’t really care what sports are on, if there is a competition I am ready and willing to spend my Sunday watching. And so I was none too happy when one Sunday in March, just as my posterior landed on the couch, my wife yelled about a leak under the kitchen sink.

Twelve years ago I installed a new trap under that sink and I guess I did not buy the best materials for the job. The trap corroded allowing my wife to punch a hole through the metal as she was moving something around in the cabinet. While I usually enjoy a trip to the hardware store, this was not what I wanted to do on my Sunday. But duty called and about an hour later I was back home with a new trap.

Now I consider myself somewhat handy when it comes to repairs but it did not take long for me to realize I was in over my head. Not only was the trap in bad shape but the pipes on either end of it began to crumble, leaving me with a much bigger problem. Realizing I would only continue to make matters worse I was forced to do something I really did not want to do: call in a professional.

I admit the estimate for the work was a little higher than I expected but as usual God was a step ahead. We had money set aside  and were able to pay cash for the repair. I thank God that our unexpected repair did not catch Him off guard and we were able to take care of things without any hardship at all. With reminders that so many of us are one unexpected bill away from financial disaster, it was good to get a quick reminder that God provides for His children.

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
Romans 8:28

Not only did God provide financially, having the plumber come in turned out to be a huge blessing. Through the eyes of a professional I was able to see that our kitchen plumbing is not up to code for a number of reasons. Knowing this changes our approach to the kitchen remodel we hope to start in the next year or two. We now know what needs to be changed. This will help us avoid future headaches. It also means we have an opportunity to make our kitchen more user friendly as the current location of the plumbing would have limited where we could put a new sink. I thank God both for providing for the repair and for the wisdom gained after spending a few minutes talking with our new plumber.

Our plumbing problem was not the only repair God provided for. A small rock hit the windshield of my wife’s car, leaving a good sized crack. That of course means we need a replacement. God has provided and we are in the process of scheduling the repair. Once again, because of God’s provision we will be able to pay cash for our deductible. Soon we will have a shiny new windshield.

“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”
I John 5:14-15

My oldest son is finishing up his freshman year in college. While he is comfortable with the roommates chosen for him by the university, he believes he will be able to better focus on his studies if he has his own room. There are single rooms available in a few of the dorms but room assignments are based on a lottery system. We’ve been praying about this since January, asking God to provide a single room for the next school year. God heard our prayers and delivered. Not only will my son be in a single room next year, he will also have air conditioning. How is that for answered prayer?

Now I would like to hear from my brothers and sisters in Christ. How has God blessed you over the last few months?

No comments:

Post a Comment