Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

Another About Face

 
It seemed like a good idea at the time. Back in August I returned to my old blog, planning to leave this one behind. I convinced myself it was right, that the old blog was the best place for me to express myself. Plus it was receiving visitors in larger numbers even though I had not posted there in years.

At first all seemed good. Then I noticed some uncomfortable trends in my pageview stats. Yes I was getting a decent number of page views but most of the readers were not from my target audience. In fact the site making the largest number of referrals was one which I find morally repulsive.

And so I am doing an about face, returning to this blog for my posts. In time I hope to build an audience of people who are here for the writing and for the chance to share opinions, including those who want to discuss opposing views.

Over the next couple of weeks I will mix new posts with posts I wrote since August that wound up on the other blog. Yes going back was a mistake. It's time to admit that mistake and to move forward in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment