Pages

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Which is More Important? God’s Love or God’s Glory?


I wrote the following in my personal journal about six years ago. Let me know what you think? Do you agree? Contact me on Twitter  (@denniswcoleman) or via email (dcwriter1@hotmail.com) and yes I know it’s no longer called Twitter.


Which is More Important? God’s Love or God’s Glory?


God spoke to my heart this morning, correcting an error I have long carried. I have always seen Him as about His glory first, me second. God challenged me to reconcile this with Christ. Christ gave up what He had in Heaven, taking on human flesh which clothed His glory. The creator made himself like the created. He endured humiliation and pain even though He could call an army of angels to His side for battle. He died on the cross that I might live. These are not the actions of someone Who puts His own glory first. My erroneous view cannot be reconciled with Christ.


God is love. This is what was demonstrated in Christ, especially at the cross. This is the truth. This is God, who loves me. Yes He is to be glorified but somehow He can do so while putting His children (including me) first. He loved me first, making it easy to set aside His glory for the cross. That love is still strong. I must learn to live as if God loves me, not as if He puts His glory first.


No comments:

Post a Comment