Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Like Christ, Waiting for the Answer


But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.

Hebrews 10:12-13

Sometimes waiting is hard. As a Christian it’s sometimes hard to maintain my faith as I wait for God to answer a prayer and/or to fulfill one of His promises. Yet, it is important that we all remain patient and wait on God, trusting in His perfect timing. And we’re not the only ones waiting for the Father to do His thing.

Hebrews 10:12-13 tells us that Christ, after offering Himself as a sacrifice for our sins, sat down at the right hand of God. There He waits for the Father to fulfill a promise that is first written in Psalm 110:1.

The Lord said to my Lord,

“Sit at My right hand,

Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

Hebrews 10:13 seems to imply that this promise was not yet fulfilled when the verse was written and I believe that it is not yet fulfilled today, at least not here on earth. So Jesus is waiting patiently for the Father to complete the work of making His enemies His footstool and He has been waiting at least since His resurrection. Now that's what I call being patient. Is it possible that we, as His children, can show that same kind of patience?


No comments:

Post a Comment