Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

2015 NFL Conference Championships

Last week I was wrong on both AFC games, going .500 for an overall record of 12-7. With three games left it’s time to talk about who I think will make the trip to Arizona.

Green Bay Packers vs. Seattle Seahawks
3:05pm on Fox

Like last week the main focus in this game has to be Aaron Rodgers’ health. The Seahawks will make him move around, testing that leg. Can the Packers’ offensive line keep Rodgers clean in the pocket? I think this will be a close game but I am not sure Rodgers will be able to carry his team this time. In the end the defending champions bring just a little bit more to the table with a decent offense and one of the best defenses. The Seahawks go to the Super Bowl for the second year in a row.

Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots
6:40pm on CBS

I did not think the Colts had enough parts in place to make it this far. I was wrong, making it hard to pick against them in this conference championship. But with Tom Brady stepping across the other sideline and with Bill Belichick holding a clipboard, I think the Colts’ run will come to an end. With home field advantage and experience on their side the Pats are the obvious pick. I also think the Patriots have more championship caliber parts in place. This will be good experience for a young Colts team but in the end the Patriots return to the Super Bowl.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment