Pages

Friday, February 1, 2019

Super Bowl LIII

I went .500 with last weekend's picks, though my loss shouldn't count. I'm still baffled as to how, with seven pairs of eyes, the refs missed both pass interference and head to head contact on the same play. That call (and the fact that the Saints kicked two field goals when they should have scored at least one touchdown) left me with a 20-17 record and left us with a matchup of #2 seeds in the Super Bowl.

New England Patriots vs Los Angeles Rams
6:30pm on CBS

I think this will be a tight game much like last year but without as many touchdowns. These are two evenly matched teams with balanced offensive attacks and just enough defense to shut down big plays. How well each team can sustain drives is going to be key. To sustain a drive the offensive lines will have to be at their best. Keep an eye on the battles along the line of scrimmage. Can either defense slow down the other teams running game? Will either QB see any real and consistent pressure? Last year the play of the game was a strip sack that lead to a turnover in the 4th quarter. This year the defenses need to find ways to get off the field. Once again a late turnover might be the difference. I think the Patriots win at the line of scrimmage and I believe they make the late game stop when needed.
Patriots 29 Rams 27

No comments:

Post a Comment