Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Real Faith: Forged in the Fire

Blacksmith's fire: fir0002 | flagstaffotos.com.au [GFDL 1.2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/fdl-1.2.html)], via Wikimedia Commons

When do we get to see real faith in action, the kind where Jesus singles us out like He did the centurion in Matthew 8:10? Real faith is seen in testing, during those times when we are asked to trust God with something we would really rather handle ourselves or would really not have to deal with at all. It's during those times, when the climb becomes too difficult or the temptation too hard to resist, that we find out if our faith is real or just something we say because Christians are supposed to do so. Are you willing to endure trials in order to see your faith grow? Are you willing to demonstrate the strength of your faith by following God down the sometimes difficult path of the Christian walk?

For years I settled for easy faith. I settled for a life where I said I had faith while trying to avoid trials and tribulations. In the process I was only cheating myself, missing out on opportunities for growth. Yes this path was easier but it was also empty. It held the assurance of going to heaven while being devoid of the abundance promised by our risen Savior. And after years of saying I believed while not growing as a person, I found I didn't fully like what I saw each day when I looked in the mirror.

Real faith does not magically appear. It is given by God, then cultivated as we allow Him to work in our hearts. At times He chooses difficult situations as His tools. This is where real faith, and the process of growing faith, does not come easy. But for those who are willing to fully surrender to God, difficult growth is followed by immense reward as from the fire comes faith that is forged by the hand of the Almighty.

I have accepted the challenge of growing my faith while facing whatever God allows in my life. Are you willing to accept the same challenge? Real faith is forged in the fire. Are you willing to let God take you to His forge?

No comments:

Post a Comment